Here are the steps to audition samples:
- Pop open the hardware outputs panel
- Look for the analog output that you want to use to audition samples.
- Click on the headphone icon next to the meter so that it turns from gray to white.
- Pop open the library panel and navigate to "Build/Samples," or to a folder that you have bookmarked under "Folders" (that has audio samples inside it).
- Click on a sample. You should hear playback as the sample loops. You can click samples with your mouse or navigate with your arrow keys to quickly audition sounds.